QBike Bielie Mielie MTB Classic
*This is not the same event as the Bielie Mielie Fees(which is a music festival), the MTB Event takes place on a different weekend.
- If you have not booked your Lamb Shank Potjie, Camping spot or Hostel accommodation and would still like to do so, please email email@example.com
- 101km riders start at showgrounds. 65km riders will be transported to their starting point, please report to the allocated area no later than 06h40.
- The route will be semi-marked, so if you don't have a GPS you will still be able to ride
- Craft beer will be sold during registration & at the finish
About the Bielie Mielie
Get familiar with the best of joBerg2C’s Day 2 & 3 route! Now also a SASeeding event timed by BoutTime.co.za in preparation of the joBerg2C. The race will serve as a great training ride to test your fitness prior of the joBerg2C as well as your Garmin GPS navigation skills (or other device), NavWorld will be at the race to assist you with any GPS queries you might have and will have stock available at discounted prices to buy.
If you are not entered for the joBerg2C, come and join us for one of South Africa’s greatest MTB Classics, enjoy the beautiful scenery after the long awaited rain, the famous Free State Koeksisters and the friendly farmers opening their farms for the race.
There will be 4 fabulous water points on route manned by friendly faces and stocked with Coke, Koeksisters, Energade, Banana’s, Bar-One’s & baby Potatoes. There will also be chain lube available and lens cleaning stations etc.
The best burgers in the Free State will be sold at the finish line along with ice cold beers, ciders, wine & cool drinks.
The route takes a clover leaf format from Reitz and includes parts of day two and day three of the Old Mutual joBerg2c. “Expect mielies and mielies of singletrack, real tractors, proper Afrikaans farmers and grazing gazing cattle,” says Wappo. Of course you don’t have to tackle all 101-kays and there is a shorter 60kay option – vibes and views still guaranteed.
Well that’s just about enough motivation for us.
Paid up entries before 28 February 2018 will receive a free T-Shirt as well.
Check out our Facebook Page for the latest updates.
Download the route to your GPS (Click image to download) - Route is under planning & GPS file will be available 1 week before the race
Important Notice: The Bielie Mielie route goes through private farms and only paid participants are allowed to ride on these private farms during the day of the event. Unauthorised riders accessing these farms without permission will be banned from any Sani2C, Joberg2C, Berg & Bush, Wines2Whales, Compendium, Hill2Hill, BoutTime, Wildtrail, AfriAdventures, 3 Mountains & Advendurance events for life.
For those of you who are looking to download the files yourself and don’t require any assistance click on this DropBox link, Bielie Mielie DropBox Link
Make sure you download the correct distance (101km or 65km) and the correct file format (GPX, FIT or TCX) for your GPS. If you download the wrong files you might not get all the added features that are available for your GPS e.g. waterpoints, Virtual Partner etc. and it may not work.
When: 17 March 2018, Saturday.
Premises will open at 5h00 , 101km will start at 7h00 SHARP and the 65km just thereafter.
Where: Reitz Show Grounds or check on Google MapsRoute options
- 65km MTB Race – R200 - 65km riders will be transported to their starting point, please report to the allocated area no later than 06h40.
- 101km MTB Race – R270 - 101km riders start at showgrounds.
- Friday night pre-race: Legendary Lamb Shank Potjie – R50
- Clean & neat hostel accommodation with security – R150/night
- Bring your own tent and we will provide you with a stand, electricity & ablution – R50/night
- Contact one of our preferred guest houses for accommodation
Your entry will include the following
- Great scenic route including parts of Day 2 & 3 of the famous joBerg2C
- Now SASeeding & National Trail Seeding Event prior of the joBerg2C
- Ample parking
- Best hamburgers in town for sale after the race with ice cold beers, ciders, cooldrinks & wine
- BoutTime will ensure for instant results on your phone, website & on our electronic result boards at the finish, no more waiting
- 4x Well stocked water/nutritionpoints
- Stocked with Coke, water, Powerade, banana's, Bar-One's, Koeksisters, Potatoes
- Chain lube & Lens cleaning Stations
- EFT's: Thursday, 15 March 2018 at midnight (Please provide POP)
- Online Entries: Thursday, 16 March 2018 at midnight
- Late Line Entries will take place at the Bielie Mielie Show Grounds Friday afternoon between 17:00 & 21:00 and on Saturday morning between 5:00 and 6:45. (Cash & SnapScan Only)
- Registration will take place at the Bielie Mielie Show Grounds Friday afternoon between 17:00 & 21:00 and on Saturday morning between 5:00 and 6:45.
Entries limited to 500 riders for this event(64 & 101km combined). We can easily accommodate this amount of riders in terms of parking and the route without having bottlenecks and by the use of proper seeding. We would like to keep it at a maximum of 400 riders to make it enjoyable for everyone.
- For entry portal enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: www.bouttime.co.za
Reitz Show Grounds, Reitz